A savory and delicate seafood combination
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 4 boneless and skinless tilapia fillets, ~ 4 ounces each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, quartered and additional wedges for garnish
- 4 teaspoons capers and 4 teaspoons juice from capers’ bottle
- 4 teaspoons coarsely chopped freshly dill and few sprigs for garnish
Combine flour and Grill Mates seasoning in a shallow dish. Season each side of tilapia with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Lightly dredge fillets in seasoned flour.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add the first fillet to the sauté pan for at least 3 minutes and sear until you have a golden crust. Turn the fish over and add a tablespoon of butter to pan. Squeeze juice from a lemon quarter over the fillet and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of capers and 1 teaspoon of capers’ juice to pan. Sprinkle chopped dill over the fish. Heat for another 3 minutes or so until tilapia is fully cooked. Note: cooking times may vary due to thickness of fillets.
Transfer fillet and bits to a serving plate and tent while repeating the cooking process for each fillet. Garnish with fresh lemon and dill sprigs; sprinkle with additional salt if desired. Bon Appétit!
Copyright © 2013 My Cooking Nirvana. All rights reserved in all media.