A savory citrus infused pasta medley
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- ½ pound boneless chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 5 leaves of fresh basil, cut into a chiffonade
- ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 4 ounces of Classico® Traditional Basil Pesto
- ¼ pound of penne pasta, cooked al dente and pasta water reserved
Heat olive oil and butter in a nonstick pan over low heat. Add bay leaf and garlic to the sauté pan; cook until garlic is fragrant. Then add chicken to pan, followed by a squeeze of lemon juice, a chiffonade of basil, and a sprinkle of salt; cook until chicken is golden over medium low heat. Flip chicken over and season with crushed red pepper, garlic powder, and salt to taste; heat through for a couple of minutes. Add pesto, pasta, and 3 tablespoons of pasta water to the pan (or as needed to reach desired consistency). Heat for another 5 minutes or so until chicken is cooked well.
Discard bay leaf and transfer pasta to a serving plate. Garnish with fresh lemon slices and sprigs of basil. Serve warm.
- Be our guest and substitute your favorite pesto.
Copyright © 2015 My Cooking Nirvana. All rights reserved.