Treat yourself to a tangy, zesty delight!
- 4 oz. yellow corn tortilla chips
- 4 oz. Dole® American Blend salad
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup kernels of corn, cooked
- 5 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing and seasoning mix
- 2 green onions chopped, with ends removed
- As a base, add tortilla chips to a large salad bowl.
- Layer by adding lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and Mexican cheese.
- In a small bowl, blend sour cream and dressing mix.
- To garnish, dollop dressing in center and top with green onions.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Copyright © 2013 My Cooking Nirvana. All rights reserved in all media.
A Sweet and Spicy Summertime Treat!
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup Dole® pineapple chunks
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
- 1/2 jalapeño
- Peel and halve the cucumber. For each half, remove seeds and dice. Place diced cucumber in a large salad bowl.
- Peel red onion, cut into small slivers, and add to salad bowl.
- Quarter pineapple chunks into bite size pieces and add to salad bowl.
- Season with kosher salt to taste and gently toss.
- Seed and finely dice jalapeño. Sprinkle over the salad.
- Chill in the refrigerator. Drain liquid when ready to serve.
Copyright © 2012 My Cooking Nirvana. All rights reserved in all media.