A Sweet and Spicy Summertime Treat!
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup Dole® pineapple chunks
- Kosher salt, for seasoning
- 1/2 jalapeño
- Peel and halve the cucumber. For each half, remove seeds and dice. Place diced cucumber in a large salad bowl.
- Peel red onion, cut into small slivers, and add to salad bowl.
- Quarter pineapple chunks into bite size pieces and add to salad bowl.
- Season with kosher salt to taste and gently toss.
- Seed and finely dice jalapeño. Sprinkle over the salad.
- Chill in the refrigerator. Drain liquid when ready to serve.
Copyright © 2012 My Cooking Nirvana. All rights reserved in all media.
I liked the pineapple jalapeno salad! It is delectable; the pineapple is just the right amount of sweet and the jalapeno is slightly piquant.